Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Memento



I dedicated this project to my little sister, she is my best friend and I care for her immensely. The memory I based my memento off of was her first roller-coaster ride. According to my family, she always wants to be like me and asked me to take her on Rip Ride Rocket at Universal Studios Orlando. I've always taken care of my sister and so as one can imagine, it was incredibly scary as I wasn't sure how she would react. We both recall that I kept promising her that I wasn't going to leave her side through the duration of the ride. To show this memory, I wanted to have a ring to symbolize the promises I keep to her, because that's something our relationship is based on. The wood material is to show how sturdy that "promise" is. The chain that links us is a resemblance of us holding hands on the roller-coaster and the roller-coaster itself. The chain is manipulated to whoever holds it as they make their own "track" of the roller-coaster, but the rings remain static on the hand. I personally put one ring on my index finger on my left hand when demonstrating particularly because it represents family and shaping character and beliefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment